Did you ever feel that you should shout out your visions and ideas, share your thoughts with a larger audience or present the projects you are currently working on to your local community to receive early feedback and support?
Well, those times come out now. We introduce a local phenomenon.
The Greater Lafayette ENVOLVE, a series of monthly events that engages people like you to publicly share 10 visions that would involve the community around us.
10 Visions. 5 Minutes Each. Every Month. *
First edition April 26, 2010, 6-9pm, at Knickeboker Saloon, 113 N 5th Street, Lafayette, IN. Knickerboker will provide a friendly environment, to allow speakers to feel more comfortable in front of an even more friendly audience.
Why wait for the next TED?
Submit your vision or idea you’d like to present at one of the MONTHLY Envolve events.
If selected, you will have 5 minutes to present your sparkling vision or idea, in front of an audience of local people, investors, potential partners or future team members. Your presentation will be projected in front of the friendly audience. Register your presentation.
Your dreams may come true
Each monthly event will have good audience, sponsors and prizes hopefully, collaboration and investing opportunities.
Who should speak, present, envolve?
You may come out with any idea or speech, it is not a requirement to be a tech startup, it may be anything that is sparkling enough to present interest to a group of local people. Local scientists, musicians, artists, developers, engineers, activists, and all people that have something to say are considered for speaking at this event.
The organizers will filter the idea registrations, if more than 10 people will register for presentations we will schedule the extra entries for the next monthly editions of this event.
Selected speakers will need to submit their presentations prior to the event, to avoid unnecessary delays during the event.
We will publish here the entire list of speakers as soon as it becomes available.
- Nelu Lazar – Intro
- Duke Long – Localism
- Zachary Baiel – Tippepedia, an encyclopedia for Tippecanoe County
- Matt Hunckler – Building your dream on a cloud
- Ian Thompson – The current and future potential of community gardens
- Virtuous Cycles – Smart bikes and public bicycle lending
- Diana Morris – Center for Entrepreneurs
- Chris Voglund – 7 Ways to choose the right contractor
- Register your presentation
Who should attend?
Any local people, Lafayette and West Lafayette community members, Purdue staff, students, angel investors, venture capitalists, local businesses, individuals. Your enthusiastic applauses for the brave speakers at this first edition of the event will secure organizing future Envolve events, so please be friendly and awesome! Must be 21 to enter the venue.
We are now looking for:
- potential sponsors for the event;
- local people willing to share their ideas and passions (register here);
- local angel investors, venture capitalists that would like to participate at visions presentations;
- other local companies or individuals willing to get envolved in this effort to find new local talents and bright ideas investors and our local community members may like.
- Silver sponsorship ($250) – includes sponsor’s name displayed in the program, before each presentation, and also electronic ad displayed on our lafayetweetup.wordpress.com blog for an entire month
- Gold sponsorship ($350) – includes sponsor’s name displayed in the program, before each presentation, additional banners, flyers, and also electronic ad displayed on our lafayetweetup.wordpress.com blog for an entire month
- Platinum sponsorship ($500) – includes sponsor’s name/logo displayed on all presentations, every second of the program, and also electronic ad displayed on our lafayetweetup.wordpress.com blog for an entire month
- Food/Catering sponsors accepted – includes sponsor’s name displayed in the program, before each presentation, and also electronic ad displayed on our lafayetweetup.wordpress.com blog for an entire month
All sponsorship funds will be used to better organize the event and for speakers prizes.
Call (765) 532-0672 for more information.
It is important to RSVP
Monday, April 26th, 2010
116 North 3rd Street
Lafayette, IN 47901-1225
Food and drinks available to purchase.
Envolve – a series of monthly events that enable people like you to publicly share 10 visions that would inspire the community around you.
HASHTAG – #laftwt
Use it whenever you tweet anything about this event.
Here is a very inspirational video showing a 5-minutes presentation from one of Envolve’s similar events, Ignite from O’Reilly Media.
DIRECTIONS to the Knickerboker Saloon – We’ll see you there on April 26!
EVENT’S POSTER – help us promote it, thanks!
We will diversify the event’s theme even more in April. Check out the next event on the new project’s website:
We’ll see you at the next tweetup, the Greater Lafayette ENVOLVE!
The cozy office at Realty Executives Lafayette hosted the local tweetup #5.
It was all a mixture of networking sub-events like new-media talks, the simulcast of Douglas Karr‘s “Blogging Conversions” presentation at the @BlogIndiana event in Valparaiso, snacks and treats, Greater Lafayette community development ideas.
@LafayeTweetup: the Lafayette tweetup #5 ended up with the most interesting conversation ever. so far. #staytuned
The presentation starts at 8 pm, but we will meet at 7 pm to chat and set up.
Realty Executives Lafayette: Downtown Lafayette, 835 Main Street
Hashtag: #laftwt #nwitweetup #blogindiana
Wednesday, February 24th, 7 – 10pm
BOB FM 95.3
Classic Rock 95.7 The Rocket
We’ve started this year’s series of local tweetups with a relaxing open talk night at the Scotty’s Brewhouse in West Lafayette, back in January.
This time we only had a regular networking event, where topics like iPad, blogging, startups, music projects, community have been openly discussed. The participants also made plans for our local tweetups in 2010. Stay tuned for more news as we move forward.
Now you’d better get ready for the local tweetup #5, taking place next week, on February 24th, 7-10pm at Realty Executives HQ in Lafayette. A separate blog post with the official announcement and details will be published soon.